1. Increased mobility & the freedom of travel, with the ability to visit 150 countries across the world
2. Increased security of dual-citizenship
3. Financial benefits of tax-relief on world-wide income
4. New business & career opportunities
5. Diversified investment opportunity that combines citizenship with subscription in shares and fractional real estate
6. An exciting lifestyle in an idyllic tropical island with a luxurious resort situated on prime beachfront with enticing dining and recreation facilities
7. Increased education options for children
The Callaloo Cay CIP program for Antiguan citizenship includes exciting benefits such as:
Global mobility with a powerful passport
• Visa-free access to 150 countries, including the Schengen countries, UK, Switzerland, Singapore and Hong Kong
• Easy connectivity through state-of-the-art new airport, to New York, London, Miami and Toronto daily
Tax-relief under the CIP program
• No tax on worlwide income
• No capital gains tax or dividends tax
• No gift, wealth and inheritance tax
Enjoy Dual Citizenship
• Maintain your existing citizenship under the CIP program
• Be assured of privacy, as no information of applicants is shared with existing country of citizenship & names of applicants are not published
Convenient terms & fast application process
• No requirement to travel to Antigua & Barbuda during the application process
• Just five days of mandatory residence is required within five years to maintain citizenship, dependent under the age of 18 are exempt of this.
• Fast-tracked application processing that takes approximately 3–4 months to receive the Antiguan passport
Unique, diversified investment choice
• Callaloo Cay is currently the only project offering ownership interest in shares and fractional real estate for citizenship
• Callaloo Cay is the only Citizenship by Investment program in partnership with the government of a country
Extend benefits to the family
• The CIP program includes family members as well. Dependent children under 26 years & dependent parents/grandparents over 58 years are eligible to apply along with the primary applicant
The Callaloo Cay Citizenship by Investment program stands out in multiple ways, such as:
Partnership with the Government of Antigua & Barbuda
• Callaoo Cay is the only Citizenship by Investment program in partnership with the government of a country. Further, the Government of Antigua & Barbuda is a shareholder in the project.
Eminent project team
• The Callaloo Cay project team consists of marquis contractors, who are certified and insured and include eminent names such as RLB, OBMI, HKS, EDSA and Theobalds.
Convenient & applicant-friendly process
• The Callaloo Cay CIP program offers a convenient & quick application process, with no requirement for the applicant to travel to Antigua for the application process.
• The fast-tracked application process typically takes 3-4 months from submitting the application for citizenship, to receiving the passport. Further, once approved, just five days of mandatory residence is required within five years to maintain citizenship.• The funds deposited by the applicant are securely held in Escrow and the sale and closing are overseen by lawyers.
The Waldorf Astoria Antigua
• The Callaloo Cay project is home to the Waldorf Astoria Antigua, envisioned to be the finest hotel in Antigua. Situated on prime beachfront, the resort offers luxurious stay, dining and recreation options.
Unique investment opportunity
• The real estate investment under the CIP program could potentially yield income from day one. Purchasers may receive returns from any operating profits arising from the Phase 2 Assets, if there is an increase in the capital value of the Phase 2 Assets, as well as a flat rate of return.
The process for applying to the Callaloo Cay CIP program consists of the following steps:
• The applicant signs the reservation form
• The applicant submits a copy of their passport, along with refundable deposit of US$10,000 against their investment in the Callaloo Cay CIP program
• Following the above, Callaloo Cay issues a Welcome Letter and Sales Pack to the applicant
• The applicant organizes required documents and signs the forms issued within Sales pack
• The completed file is submitted to Callaloo Cay for counter signatures, along with legal & due diligence fees
• The applicant’s file is submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), Government of Antigua & Barbuda
• The received application is processed within approximately 90 days
• Upon approval, the applicant pays the outstanding balance (90% ) of US$190,000 to the BDO Escrow account within 7 working days
• The applicant will also pay necessary Government fees within 7 working days of approval
• Consequently, Callaloo Cay issues share / ownership certificate within 14 working days of receiving funds
• Callaloo Cay submits proof of ownership to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU)
• Subsequently, the naturalization certificate is issued by Government of Antigua & Barbuda
• The applicant submits a passport application
• The applicant’s passport is issued within 30 days of application submission
No. The privacy of the applicant is upheld at all stages of the application process. Applicants can rest assured, as there has never been an instance of public disclosure of details of the CIP program applicants.
A minimum investment of US$200,000 (up until 31st October 2018) entitles investors to apply for Citizenship of Antigua & Barbuda.
Yes, an attractive financing option is available. Click here to read the indicative summary of funding terms.
As per the circular issued by the Citizenship By Investment Unit, Government of Antigua & Barbuda, citizens of the following countries are not currently eligible to apply to the CIP program, unless they are PR or have maintained residence outside these following countries since more than 10 years (including UAE):
- North Korea
Circulars issued by the Citizenship By Investment Unit, Government of Antigua & Barbuda in this regard:
No. The applicant does not have to travel to Antigua & Barbuda in order to apply for citizenship.
Yes. The applicants of the Callaloo Cay Citizenship by Investment program can continue to maintain their existing citizenship as dual-citizenship is allowed under the CIP program.
Yes. Family members of the primary applicant may apply for Antiguan Citizenship under the CIP program. Family members include the primary applicant’s spouse, dependent children, dependent parents and grandparents above 58 years of age.
In order to be eligible for the Citizenship by Investment Program, the main applicant must be minimum 18 years of age.
The CIP program typically requires 3-4 months from application till the issuance of the Antiguan passport.
Application forms for the CIP program are available for download on our website at http://callaloocay.com/documentation/
Antiguan Citizenship allows visa free travel to 150 jurisdictions as of today. This includes 124 Sovereign States, 11 British Overseas Territories, 9 French Overseas Departments and 6 Dutch territories. Click here to see a complete list of countries.
The mandatory duration of residing in Antigua & Barbuda is 5 days within the first 5 years of obtaining citizenship (dependent under the age of 18 are exempt of this).
According to the Citizenship by Investment program, the minimum period for holding the investment is 5 years.
The Callaloo Cay project team consists of marquis real estate developers, the finest hospitality operators and certified & insured contractors, and is constantly evolving. Some of the eminent associates of the Callaloo Cay project are listed below.
RLB – Cost Consultant
OBMI – Lead Architect
Phase II: TBC
HKS – Architect
EDSA – Landscape Designer
Theobalds – Structural & Civil Engineers
We are working on making this information available upon completion of the master plan in March 2018. We strive to provide up-to-date information about the Callaloo Cay project on our website and request you to subscribe to our newsletter at http://callaloocay.com for the latest updates.
The Waldorf Astoria Antigua is projected to be completed in 2021. We strive to provide up-to-date information about the Callaloo Cay project on our website and request you to subscribe to our newsletter at http://callaloocay.com for the latest updates.